Star guard Luka Doncic is anticipated to miss out on the Mavericks’ preseason ending with a moderate left calf stress, coach Jason Kidd informed press reporters.
Kidd included that Doncic “will be reevaluated later this week.”
Meanwhile, Marc Stein of The Stein Line recommended the Mavs don’t believe the injury is severe and the group is “optimistic” Doncic will be excellent to choose the season opener on Oct. 25.
- In case you missed it, Dallas has actually signed guard Taze Moore to its preseason lineup. We have that complete post here.
The Celtics and guard Derrick White have actually been going over an agreement extension in current weeks, per Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe.
The sides have a week to choose, and it might take that long. Since White has 2 seasons staying on his present agreement, he can just be extended through completion of the offseason.
One thing’s for specific — he might end up being more crucial this season, as the Celtics traded away both Marcus Smart (Grizzlies) and Malcolm Brogdon (Trail Blazers).
- New senior expert Jeff Van Gundy was found at practice on Monday, talking with group president Brad Stevens. (Picture via Souchi Terada.) We have more on Van Gundy’s arrival and coach Joe Mazzulla‘s ideas here.
- The Pelicans have actually waived Landers Nolley II and signed guard Izaiah Brockington, the group revealed in a news release.
- Brockington is getting a 2nd possibility with the Pelicans — and G League’s Birmingham Squadron — after being required to remain last season with a torn ACL. He bet New Orleans in Summer League in July.
- Nolley went undrafted out of Cincinnati this previous summer season. He too is most likely headed to Birmingham.
Looking for the most recent NBA Insider News & Rumors?